PLEASE READ THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE ACCEPTANCE OF RISK FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
It is important that everyone who uses Dirt Factory services takes note of the following Health and Safety advice:
- Riding Mountain Bikes, eBikes, BMX Bikes, Balance Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, Skates, Unicycles and Mountain Boards is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of injury including death. It should only be undertaken with a full understanding of all inherent risks.
- Ensure that you are competent to ride each trail, pump track or air bag. If in doubt start on the easier trails and work your way up.
- Always familiarise yourself and inspect on foot any riding zones you intend to ride, do not assume the trails, pump track and/or air bag will always be exactly the same each time you visit.
- Follow the Rider’s Responsibility Code (below).
- Children aged 12 and under need to be supervised by a parent or guardian (18+ years of age) at ALL times.
- You must ALWAYS wear a helmet. We also strongly advise you wear a full face helmet, eye protection, gloves and body armour. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HELMET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE.
- Read and adhere to all advice signs while using the trails, pump track and/or air bag.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your bike and equipment is fit for purpose.
- A minimum of a working rear brake is required to ride the trails, pump track and/or air bag.
- Front brakes, full face helmets, gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, shin guards, mouth guards and protective gear are highly recommended.
- Do not attempt to ride the trails, pump track or air bag unless you have sufficient ability and experience to do so safely.
- Do not stop where you obstruct the course or are not visible to other riders.
- Look for small features to begin with and work your way up to large features.
- Always ride in control and within your ability level.
- Stunt pegs are not allowed on the air bag and must be removed before riding. If you cause damage you may be held responsible for the cost of the repairs.
- Air bag, jumps, pump tracks and trails are for riders only, no pedestrians or spectators allowed.
- You must check in at the Dirt Factory Bike Shop before riding.
- You must complete and have a signed waiver on file to use Dirt Factory services.
- If you are under 18 you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to use the Dirt Factory Air Bag, Pump Track and/or attend Coaching Sessions.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Bookings are non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to revoke or suspend bookings with us at any time for violations of the rules or inappropriate conduct.
The Dirt Factory Air Bag and Pump Track are challenging and demanding on both bike or scooter and body. We recommend the use of appropriately sized and modern bikes or scooters with good quality hydraulic disk brakes. Before riding always inspect your equipment or have it checked by a qualified bike mechanic.
- Inspect your equipment for cracks, damaged or dented areas.
- Ensure you have sufficient brake pads to stop your bike or scooter while descending.
- Front and rear axles (quick release or bolt through type) should be tight.
- Headset and stem must be secure with no looseness or play.
- Check that your tyres are in good condition, with plenty of tread and no cuts or abrasions in the sidewall and that rims show no cracks or signs of weakness and all spokes are tight and intact.
- Handlebar and handlebar grips must be tight and unable to spin.
- Seat and seat post need to be fastened securely.
- Suspension should be in good working order with no leaks or loose parts.
RIDER’S RESPONSIBILITY CODE
Follow the code to ensure that all riders have a fun and safe experience while using Dirt Factory services. Dirt Factory reserves the right to remove or ban riders from using the Air Bag and/or Pump Track for breaches of the Rider’s Responsibility Code.
- Always carry a mobile phone with an ICE (in case of emergency) number installed and make sure it is charged before you leave the house. If in need of assistance contact the Dirt Factory on: 07388097750 or 999 in an emergency. If you have called an ambulance please inform Dirt Factory staff so we can assist in guiding them to you.
- Avoid riding alone, it’s safer and more fun to ride with your friends.
- Stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid crashing into other riders and objects around you.
- Be respectful and aware of other riders varying skill levels, relax and have fun.
- Do not stop on the trail. Pull off the trail in a safe place if you need to stop for any reason.
- When entering a trail or starting downhill, you must look uphill and give way to other riders coming down the trail.
- Respect the Air Bag and Pump Track equipment.
- If a rider is hurt, do not move them, notify the Dirt Factory staff immediately.
- Keep off closed zones and obey all signs and warnings. Stay within marked zones only.
- Only ride the trails during opening hours/times.
- Respect your environment; take your litter home with you.
- Be friendly, courteous and respectful to your fellow riders, poor conduct will not be tolerated.
- Riders 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a legal guardian (18 or over) at all times.
- Please be aware of and courteous to other members of the public and other user groups.
- Know your limits!
- Have fun, ride safe!
You are about to take part in a high risk activity. You will minimise this risk by following the Safety Briefing and advice in the Rider’s Responsibility Code and the Equipment Checklist. If you do not follow the safety rules and advice you increase the likelihood of a serious accident which could be fatal.
- I understand that riding Mountain Bikes, eBikes, BMX Bikes, Balance Bikes, Scooters, Skateboards, Skates, Unicycles and Mountain Boards is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. I accept that there is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- I understand that I must wear a helmet at all times and that a full face helmet, eye protection, body armour and gloves are highly recommended.
- I agree that I will follow the Rider’s Responsibility Code at all times
- I agree to check my equipment as per the Equipment Checklist at the start of the day, before each run and after any crash.
- In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the company, its sponsors and any associated parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the Activities (except for death or Personal Injury caused by the Company’s negligence).
- I certify that to the best of my knowledge I do not have a medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that I will be involved in an incident which could result in injury to myself or to others.
Please complete the Acceptance Of Risk (AOR) registration form BELOW prior to using Dirt Factory services, participating in coaching courses or riding the Modular Pump Track and Air Bag.