Dirt Factory promises to respect and keep safe any personal data you share with us. We aim to be clear about how we will use your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect from us. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is Dirt Factory Limited.
Our services sometimes link to services run by other organisations, such as event organisers and bike coaches. We will never share your personal data without your prior consent but where third-party sharing consent is given, those organisations have their own privacy policies, so the information you give them will follow their policies and not ours.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MIGHT COLLECT
As a service user of Dirt Factory, we may collect and process the following:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics. These include your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, login password, name of parent or guardian and emergency contact details.
- Payment card information.
- Booking history, purchase orders and receipts.
- Details of your interactions with us on site or online, for example, we may collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, voucher redemptions, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Photographs and/or video of you using our services and/or products or attending an event.
- Photographs and/or video may be recorded on CCTV when you visit us.
- Social media username where you interact with us through social media.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you:
- When you visit our website.
- When you complete an online form or registration form, either online or at location.
- When you book a session or make a purchase, either online or at location.
- When you attend the Dirt Factory bike park.
- When you attend a Dirt Factory event.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Data Controller, Dirt Factory, Bond Street, Manchester, M12 6HW.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We have a legitimate interest.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE HAVE
We use the information that you have given us in order to deliver goods and services, to comply with statutory obligations and to protect our staff, resources and fellow service users. We may also use your personal information to keep you informed by email, text and telephone about relevant products, services, offers and events. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Further details of these security measures are available upon request. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. We keep service user information related to goods and services for a period of 12 months after the last interaction. We keep information related to waiver/consent forms for a period of 3 years. At that point all information we hold about you will be securely disposed of.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Daniel Makin if you wish to make a request. Call 07388 097750 or write to Dirt Factory, Bond Street, Manchester, M12 6HW.
If we make a change to this policy, we will take your continued use of our services after that date as your acceptance of the change, so if an amendment is not acceptable to you then you should stop using our services.